This past week has been HORRIBLY LONG! My poor little Monster has been SO sick. He showed signs of a fever Monday night before bed, so I put him down with some Ibuprofen. He woke up and was acting a little whiney, then would just start crying and we couldnt console him. THIS IS NOT MY CHILD! He doesnt cry. We figured out it was his stomach, because we couldnt even hardly touch him. We made an appt with his pediatrition, but decided a trip to Urgent Care would be easier and quicker because it was right here in town. So I headed out while Kameron stayed home to watch our neighbors little boy who we were babysitting. I was the first one in the door when it opened, but didnt even make it through the paperwork before he lost what seemed like a weeks worth of food ALL over me and everything around us. Luckily there was one lady (the only person to not spread like wild fire) who helped me clean myself and Porter up because seriously..there was no way I could have done it alone. Oh the joys of being a mother! We finally were seen, and we find out he has an ear infection, fever of 102, and the 48 hour flu...which comes with severe abdominal cramps. Poor baby!! A couple perscriptions later we were home, showered, and finally smelling clean!

Here is Porter eating his "poppet" (popcicle...this one is pedialite) as he calls them. I think he ate 5 or 6 each day.

Then Kameron and I were laying on the couch and fell asleep while Porter was eating some cereal and watching cartoons on the table in front us... when I realized I fell asleep I woke up in a panic to find my little man like this! How sweet is he? Poor thing saw us napping and wanted to join. Anyone who knows my kid, knows this does NOT happen. He has only fallen asleep somewhere other than a crib 3 times ever....

...2 of the 3 times were on the same day. Here he is earlier that morning sacked out while watching Elmo with me in bed. Never before has he ever slept in our bed, he just wont do it. I hate when he is sick because I feel so helpless and just want to take away his pain. But at the same time I LOVE it because he is SOOO not a cuddler, he never has been, even as a baby. He likes to be left alone when he sleeps, and down exploring when he's not. But the past two days he has been laying and sleeping on me more than he has in the past two years. So that part was great, and I totally ate it up. We made it through the painful 48 hours, and today he was finally feeling somewhat better. I am thinking he will be 100% tomorrow.

And here is Porter almost back to being his crazy self. I'm not exactly sure what he is playing...but he lined all the chairs up and I think was pretending he was driving. haha. What a crazy kid I have, and I am so grateful he feels better. But I am going to be anxiously awaiting for the next flu season so I can have the chance once again to cuddle and hold my little man, that he in no other circumstance will allow!
3 comments:
That is so sad! I hate it when my kids are sick. I just want to cuddle them on the couch all day until they feel better. I hope he is better today or tomorrow.
poor guy! bryson had the same thing last week minus the ear infection! its so sad when they don't feel good, but so cute when they cuddle and fall asleep like that!
that is seriously the worst when the kiddos get sick. i'm glad porter is feeling better....it sure is nice to get a cuddlebug once in a while though.
Post a Comment