A few weeks ago, Kameron's sister and her husband came out to return some stuff and I was excited for Porter to get to hang out with his only cousin on Kameron's side of the family. And I wanted Porter to hold a baby for the first time to see how he would do. Well, just take a look at how it went....
He basically screamed the minute we set Paxton down, and wanted him OFF! haha. Hopefully he gets over this very soon, and will be willing to love his little sister! We may be in for quite the treat in just two short months!
Here Porter is just being cute! He is notorious for stalking everyone and anyone that has food...regardless if he has eaten already or not. He always wants to "hep you" eat!
Here is evidence of him mooching come cereal off Tata last weekend. He seriously LOVES my dad. Its hilarious. He is so spoiled by Tata that he was the first person he looked for every morning this past weekend that they stayed with us. My dad gave Porter a few little motorcyles and he carries them around with him EVERYWHERE! Even when we were at the hospital visiting my sister, in the waiting room (its RSV season) he found this magazine and wouldnt put it down.
Thats right, a motorcycle magazine. He would have the magazine in one hand, and his motorcycle in the other...in this picture, he is riding the bike ON the magazine. Porter is such a boy, and we just love him to pieces.
Porter is also talking up a storm lately. He can pretty much repeat anything we ask him to say, and everyday he says something new. I really have to watch what I say around him though because this past weekend without thinking I said "Dang it!" and he started repeating that instead of his usual "Oh Man!" I got him to stop, but the next night while brushing his teeth I dropped his toothpaste and he said.."Oh Dang it!"....oops! Its so hard not to laugh sometimes, but I am having to get really picky around this kid because nothing gets past him.
One of his favorite things to do is count. He has been doing this for a few months, and I have tried to get it on camera, but he gets stage freight and wont do it. We got it on Kameron's phone, but havent downloaded it yet and he is still acting super funny in it. But he counts to 10, then will try to count fast and will make it to 5, then skip to 7 and then hits 10 with a lot of excitement! I am still working on 11 and 12 before we get into the teens, but he just likes that TEN and thowing his arms in the air. My next project is to teach him to count to 10 in espanol!!
Singing is also one of his favorite past times. He loves "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam" because when he says "sunBEAM" he gets to jump. But his favorite song is the ABC's. I also have yet to catch it on video, but it really is adorable. He just started singing along with me one day, and I couldnt believe how much he actually knew of it. Leap Frog toys rock, because seriously since I have realized he knew his letters, I hear him singing along to his little Leap Frog table that sings the ABC's all the time.
Porter has also been in his "No" phase once again. He briefly went through it...then went through the "Yeah" phase (which was MUCH cuter by the way) and has parked back in the NO zone for now. He says NO even when he means yes, its really funny. But the other day Kameron and I were driving, and he saw a police car and said "Daddy Work?" But I told him that No daddy didnt have to work, that he got to hang out with us ALL DAY! But he kept repeating it over and over. So I finally asked him "Do you want Daddy to go to work?" and he said "Yeah!" which made us both laugh because he NEVER says Yeah anymore. Its always NO! Poor Daddy, but Porter didnt know what he was saying Yeah to! He has just had things change the past few weeks with Kameron's work schedule. Kameron is usually gone when he woke up, so all he knew was daddy coming home...but now he is home in the morning, and we wave to daddy everyday when he has to leave for work. So Porter knows Kameron leaving and not coming home anymore. It made me sad at first when Kameron would walk out in his uniform, and Porter would automatically say "Daddy Work!" But it just made me realize how much he is comprehending now.
Porter has grown up so much in the past few months it makes me so happy I am having another baby because Porter is a toddler..not a baby anymore and it makes me so sad! He really is so smart, and I just feel so blessed to have such a bubbly little boy with a huge personality. Kameron and I laugh at his goofy expressions everyday and dream of what kind of personality our little girl will have! I love being a mom more than anything, and there is nothing more rewarding than to see the impressions I am making on him (except the few bad habits he has picked up, haha) and to see him learn, grow, and develop.




1 comment:
You have one smart kid on your hands. And I am sure he is a handful somedays too. But just look at him he is so darn cute it has to make up for all of the times he is a handful. : ) And I can't wait to see how he is with his little sister. I am sure he will be a great big brother too! I hope he has started to feel better.
Post a Comment