While we were "settling down" Porter was jumping on and off my lap and managed to hit me right in the nose...causing my eyes to water. While I am grabbing my face making sure I dont start bleeding, Porter lost his balance and before I could catch him he fell off the couch....and INTO a big wooden chest we have in front of the couch! Blood started to gush, so I grabbed him and ran him to the bathroom....my blue and WHITE bathroom. He bled on my WHITE rug, and I grabbed the closest towel to me to try and stop the bleeding and yep...you guessed it, it was WHITE. Not to mention my shirt that was also WHITE, was now covered in blood. I couldnt get a hold of Kameron and he had take my car, so my wonderful friend and neighbor raced out of the house and took me to Urgent Care, where Kameron showed up right after. I was nervous because his eyes were dilated at home, but when we got there they were normal and he was acting totally fine....besides the blood covered diaper and mother. Anyways, here is the lovely flesh wound, the gash was actually as big as it looks...the red part is where it was open...the blood was no longer dripping at this point. Poor kid!

He didnt seem to mind that his head was split open, and he just ran around and played and played. Until....the Dr. came in. He needed stitches. It was the most horrible thing EVER to watch him have to get them. I have never heard the kid scream like that. I am sure I am not the first mom to cry and leave the room because I couldnt handle the needles and those poor little tear filled eyes wanting me to rescue him. I felt so helpless. I was so grateful for Daddy being there so I could wander the hallways and try to not hear him....(which was impossible...he was SO LOUD). Right after though I gave him a sucker for being so brave and he was as happy as can be. Like nothing had happened. He even waved bye bye to the Dr and nurses, who were wrapped around his little finger already! He manages to do that to people!
He was perfectly happy when we got home, as if we had never left. I think the whole event was worse on me than it was on him. And his perfect little face wont be flawless anymore, but as the nurse said..."Its Rugged"! And I laughed and said "Yeah, Chicks Dig it". Although he will most likely get a scar, he is still the most handsome little man ever, and I am so proud of how brave he was through the whole ordeal. I am surprised it has taken this long for Porter to need stitches, and I am sure it wont be the last time either. So for now...4 stitches down...who knows how many to go!




3 comments:
YIKES! Holy cow that is freakin scary! Glad that everything went okay but I would be just like you and have to leave the room. ANd yep Porter is a trooper and a half for a going thru all of that. Glad that Kameron was able to get there to help out too.
Oh my goodness and I thought my ordeal with Cobys finger was bad! You poor girl! Life as a mother sure has it's adventures! I am glad he is alright! And he is still so stinking cute!
The wost part is how they look at you like they are wondering why you don't come rescue them! I've had nurses ask me if I needed to leave :) Its good K was there - I've had a couple where JD wasnt able to be there - not exactley fun.
Post a Comment