13 October 2008

Uneventful Ramblings!

Even though there isnt really anything exciting to report...I felt like blogging. So here was our weekend. Porter started a fever thursday, and it continued through friday so I took him to the doctor.


And of course the minute we get there his fever breaks and is acting completely normal. $10 bucks down the drain. But I'd rather be safe then sorry. Since he was feeling okay we met up with our friends Justin and Cara for dinner and then went to Chandler Mall to walk around and look at the sales in all the kids stores.


Here is Porter and Ryken playing...and well I sent Kameron to get a picture and this is what he came back with. So all you can see is the back of Ryken's head! haha. We shared an after dinner snack and then found some really cute sweatshirts for the boys at Children's place and decided to call it a night.

The next day we had to take the car in to get the tires rotated, so we ran lots of errands. Here is Porter on the car ride in...




Seriously...my kid is a stud! But please take notice to his lovely HIGH water jeans. It was a little chili out so we put his jeans on...which fit him a week ago..and they are now over an inch TOO SHORT! He just doesnt stop growing. But I guess thats my fault...I keep feeding him. So we found some jeans on sale at the Mervyns close out sale. And we got some shirts that were like .99 cents to 1.99 a piece at Old Navy!

Here is Porter ready to go in his new clothes. He was so funny at Mervyns, Kameron and I were playing dressing room with him in the middle of the store trying to decide which size to get him, so we changed his pants like a million times, and he thought it was so funny. He loved putting new things on and running around in them. So he was really excited when I let him pick out his own shirt to wear. It was a little big still so I changed his shirt before we went to Founder's Day at the park down the street.

Here is an unflattering picture of Porter eating his dum dum and holding onto his balloon for dear life because it was SOO windy! I was amazed at how many people were there and how much the city of Maricopa puts into this event every year! There is always something fun going on at Pacana park every weekend, but this was outrageous. Kameron and I werent able to make it back in time to see Lifehouse perform...which I really wanted to go to...but it was still fun to walk around and let Porter be entertained by all the people and activities going on. I love living in a place where there is such town unity. Okay that totally sounded cheesy, but Maricopa is really a great place to live, and everyone is so nice. Then later that night we heard popping from all the fireworks after the concert so we went outside and was able to watch them from our own backyard.

The little lights in the sky were the fireworks...haha. I couldnt get a very good picture, but Porter loved them.


And this picture was actually from last week when Kameron gave Porter an oreo cookie. He looks like a hobo child with missing teeth. haha. But definately cute enough to be blog worthy!! That was our weekend...pretty not exciting, but we're boring people, so what do you expect!!

3 comments:

Cara said...

We were glad that Porter started feeling better that day too so we got to have a fun time with you guys. ANd the dessert was yummy too. Looks like the rest of the weekend was pretty fun for you guys. And dang I wish I could get over to oldnavy to get some cheap shirts like that. :) Good bargin hunting on your part. LOVE THE OREO PIC.

Meagan said...

Now Porter and Hudson have matching hobo pictures!! haha :)

Mary Anne said...

hey! it's really late but I always think of calling you when it's this hour! almost 11:00...what am I even doing up when my baby is already asleep? anyway, I'm pretty happy about the email you sent a while ago, and we need to talk. look at your big boy porter! he'd make a great hobo for Halloween :)