28 July 2008

Pioneer Days!

So we just got back from the 24th Celebration in St Johns. This is a tradition that has been going on forever, and me not being from there, I love that I now have this tradition. Kameron being in the academy couldnt get a day off and unable to go up til friday night, I decided I would catch a ride up early so Porter and I didnt miss out on any of the fun. (Just to warn you...this is going to be a long post...with A LOT of pictures) Wednesday morning I hitched a ride with my friend Brandy to Snowflake where my mother-in-law picked me up. Weds night I went and was able to play in the volleyball tournament they have every year. Sadly, we lost both games and had to go home. But it was still better than not playing at all. After a late night of watching movies, we started thursday off at the early time of 5am...thanks to Porter! Thursday we went to the jr rodeo and then to the Ice Cream Social. I havent ever made it down in time for this...but will be going every year from here on out. Bowls of chili...and FREE ice cream! Yum!


Here is Porter playing with his Uncle Kyler, and wearing his hat!

Having Ice Cream with Uncle Konner, but he didnt want his cone, he wanted Konner's cone, even though they were exactly the same!

Karen and I hanging out enjoying the wonderful weather!!!


Porter's first time in this "Big Boy" chair, he loved it and sat here forever. That night I went and hung out with Emily, Jamie, and Janalee and stayed out way too late. (2am to be exact) It was a blast, but I felt it the next morning at 5am when Porter woke up.

Then friday we hung out for most of the day playing around the house. Konner caught the greased pig at the jr rodeo, which means...he WON the greased pig. So we took Porter out to see the animals in the backyard.

Porter loved the pig, but it was scared to death still after being chased by a bunch of crazy children trying to catch her. Hopefully next trip she will let Porter pet her!

Then Grandpa caught a chicken for Porter to pet, and he wasnt all that sure about it and would only poke it with a finger. He started to like it until.....

I think he is now ruined of any and all farm animals! He didnt even want to get near the chicken coop at all after this. We laughed so hard and I was so glad I got this face on camera.



Then at evening we went to the campfire circle.



Where Porter loved sitting on his chair. He sat here for almost an hour not making a peep. (which is unheard of if you dont know the kid!) But he started playing on it and we warned him not to because it will tip over, but he didnt listen and it tipped and he rolled off, chair followed. But he didnt cry so we tried to ignore and not make a fuss so he wouldnt cry, but this was his face when he got up......



He got a ton of dirt in his mouth so he kept spitting and whining trying to get it out. He was tough and didnt cry, but we all got a really good laugh out of it.


So much for the cute outfit, but it was worth getting dirty for these pictures. Kameron got there in time to go home from the campfire circle, but Porter was so happy to see daddy!



Saturday morning we were off to the Parade. Porter absolutely loved it...but mostly because once again he got to sit in his chair. Our little family at the parade.

Karen, Kamarie, and I at the parade.

Porter sitting on the curb with Kyran waiting for the candy to arrive.


Grandma and Aunt Kamarie helping Porter get some candy.


Porter loved all the tractors and big trucks.


Porter loves being outside, so he loved the parade to say the least.



He didnt even make it all of the 3 miles home before crashing. I guess waking up at 5 every morning caught up with him. We also went to the rodeo and hung out with some friends.


Here is Porter giving little Abby a kiss, having a new baby and watching Porter with her makes me baby hungry. But I am not sure I am ready for the jealous moments Porter went through. Then later that night Kameron and I went to play games with some friends. Well, I went to play games with friends, and Kameron went to sit in the other room and talk and NOT play games. But I had a ton of fun and couldnt barely talk the next day from laughing so hard. Sorry, Emily and Jamie you are probably going to kill me, but I couldnt figure out how to photoshop Caillou's face onto the picture...(trust me, I tried)...but I had to post it.

I think you guys look beautiful, but as a disclaimer, it is midnight in this picture and this is after tears of laughter over Caillou and Napoleon ice cream. So that was our weekend, and we had lots of fun and cant wait to do it again next year. Thanks girls for the indepth conversations, and Jamie for the hand motion I know I will never live down!!

6 comments:

Amanda Stephan said...

Sounds like fun! I LOVE the pictures of Porter with dirt in his mouth! ha ha ha....his expression is priceless!!!

*** said...

If I didnt love you so much Gina I'd be ticked about you putting that aweful picture up, but I guess I'll let you slide. I had a blast with you, I wish we lived closer! I forgot how awesome girl talks are. Thanx for introducing us to your game, we had a blast! Im going to be computerless for a week or two so I wont be able to update, so my blog is going to be pretty boring for awhile but I'll catch up when I can. take care!

Garet and Amanda said...

Looks like you had lots of fun. I love small towns the 24th of July celebrations. As Jared said (my brother) he didn't even know July 24th was a holiday!!1

Meagan said...

Looks like so much fun- I'm glad you had a fun time! That pic of Porter is hilarious with dirt all over his face. And the one with the chicken- classic :)

Brad & Darcy Ellis said...

Goodness I leave for a month and your boy seems all grown up. The dirt and animal pics are classic!

taytum said...

Porter's face is cleaner than Konner's after the ice cream! Haha. Looks like you had fun. I was in semi-hiding for the celebration so I stayed away from most of the activities, but it looks like fun.