After 6 long grueling months of being in limbo, we finally heard back from DPS today with Kameron's official offer. He is going to be a DPS Highway Patrol Officer. This was complete excitement for Kameron and that with a little bit of worry for me. No wife wants to have to worry about her husband going to a job where he looks for drugs and criminals, and a bullet proof vest being part of the criteria! But I am happy to know that he will wake up and go to a job every day that I know he loves. We dont know where he is going to be stationed, we should find out tomorrow. We wont have to move as long as he gets one of his first 2 choices, Casa Grande and Phoenix Metro. But if we get our 3rd pick, Sierra Vista here we come. Which wouldnt be all that bad...except the having to sell our house thing. However, Kameron is thrilled to say the least to know that his last day at UOP is on the 9th, and as of the 14th of July, he is starting the first day of his future career! Congrats babe, I know how much this meant to you!
26 June 2008
Introducing Officer Lee
After 6 long grueling months of being in limbo, we finally heard back from DPS today with Kameron's official offer. He is going to be a DPS Highway Patrol Officer. This was complete excitement for Kameron and that with a little bit of worry for me. No wife wants to have to worry about her husband going to a job where he looks for drugs and criminals, and a bullet proof vest being part of the criteria! But I am happy to know that he will wake up and go to a job every day that I know he loves. We dont know where he is going to be stationed, we should find out tomorrow. We wont have to move as long as he gets one of his first 2 choices, Casa Grande and Phoenix Metro. But if we get our 3rd pick, Sierra Vista here we come. Which wouldnt be all that bad...except the having to sell our house thing. However, Kameron is thrilled to say the least to know that his last day at UOP is on the 9th, and as of the 14th of July, he is starting the first day of his future career! Congrats babe, I know how much this meant to you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
You guys that is awesome!!!!! Aaron was JUST asking about Kameron. I can't wait to hear where you'll be stationed! I so remember when Aaron got the call, I couldn't breathe! LOL I am so happy for you guys! I'm crossing my fingers you get Sierra Vista! I'll tell Aaron the news when I see him!
Congratulations!! How fun for him that he'll be in a job that he loves.
Gina- I don't know if you remember me at all. I am Ashley (Nix) Umphress. We hung out a few times while we were in the same singles ward in Mesa. I saw your blog on Amanda Hall's and I just wanted to say hello. I know this is totally random, but I wanted to leave a comment because my husband is a Highway patrolman for DPS as well. He has been on for about 3 years. Well, I hope you remember me and check out our blog if you would like at umphressfamily.blogspot.com
Jared and I are so excited for you guys!! We love you!
Congratulations!!! I was just catching up on your blog since I have been gone.... you've been busy!! I need to come see your room, it looks adorable!
I am so glad you remembered me. It was through Brett that we met, thats right. I know Amanda because I am from Show Low, she is from Heber, and we had some mutual friends. that is how we met. I live in Surprise and my husband works central district. Your hubby will probably be put on graves. Maybe if he gets central he will be on the same squad as my hubby. They have an awesome Sgt. It was funny reading this post because I remember being so nervous for him. It really does get easier:)
Congrats Officer Lee! YEAH!! That is so exciting! Hey will be a great officer. Hey may have to let me in on a few secrets. That would be AWESOME if you moved here! I seriously would be in heaven! But I understand why you dont want to. (the house) It is exciting. It makes a world of difference that he is going to do something he loves. Look at it this way Gina... You may get to know a lot of DPS officers and get off the hook if you get pulled over.
I Just saw your bedroom pictures.. LOVE them!! WOW I honestly thought that was a magazine picture. Holy Cow! Your so good with that stuff! WOW!!
CONGRATS! Now you are part of the officer's wife club! If there is one. :) But its true that it is going to be hard at first and it does get easier. Not really easy but easier. :) Or maybe I just suck at being an officer's wife. :)
Congrats Kameron!! Alvin and I are so excited for you guys. alvin just wishes they were in the academy together... hopefully he will get to see him there though.
Also i miss seeing you every week at volleyball:( and your little guy is soo stinking cute. i loved your previous post. i was cracking up!
Post a Comment