25 March 2008

Earthday!!



This past weekend was a GREAT one! Not only was it Easter, but it was ALSO my birthday! I guess it hasnt landed this early since 1813 or something like that and wont happen again for like another 250 years...SOOO I guess my birthday this year made history! Kameron took me shopping friday afternoon and bought me a new outfit for my birthday. I dont get new clothes very often, so you can imagine how excited I was to get a WHOLE outfit. It really made my weekend. Then my parents came into town and stayed with us the whole weekend. We went yard saleing saturday morning (which I found great stuff, but that will have to be a later blog) and then got ready for our Easter Picnic! My sister and her family from Queen Creek and my brother and his family from Tucson came out and we had a family picnic in one of the parks in my neighborhood. This year has been so fun to have a house because my family has been so great at letting us have holidays at our place!! First Christmas and now Easter! Next year though I am sure we will have it at my sister's or brothers or my parents...being a host and cleaning after is very tiring, but well worth it! We played baseball in the park, the kids played on the playground, we had an Easter Egg hunt, ate lots of YUMMY food, and enjoyed the nice weather. The kids didnt get to swim..which was also in the plan, but maybe next time they come to our house we will all go! Easter sunday I was able to teach the lesson in Young Women's, and with a little more help from Kameron than planned, I ended up talking for about 10 minutes and Kameron covered the majority of my lesson! Even thought he took up all my time it was such a great lesson on the Priesthood, and I could have NEVER given such a great lesson with as strong of a spirit as he brought. It was truely amazing! One of my beehives even went up and gave him a hug after church!! Later that day we went over to Tempe to my Aunt Kellye's house and enjoyed some more good food and hanging out with the family. Everyone at Kellye's sang Happy Birthday to me and Porter got a HUGE kick out of it...he thought they were singing to him! So all in all, it was a great weekend! I got lots of phone calls and text messages from all my bestest friends, so thanks to those of you who thought of me and made me feel special on my birthday/Easter AKA EARTHDAY!

1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

I guess I'm not a bestest friend anymore! So sorry that I didn't call or do ANYTHING...I'm probably the worst person in the world with birthdays. BUT Sunday was also my brother's birthday and I forgot to call him too so there you go...I really do suck. Believe it or not I did not forget that it was your birthday, but naturally you always think of it when it's like in a couple days or...well a couple days late. You can get me back for it in May! Anyway, it was good to hear you had a fun weekend with your family, shopping, buying a new outfit...MAN that's a great weekend! Sure love you and I'm glad my not calling didn't completely ruin your day :)