#1) He is such a great helper! I hear so many women say their husbands NEVER cook, NEVER cleans, NEVER does laundry, NEVER changes a diaper, NEVER does anything but work and expect their wives to do everything else. Well ladies...I guess I am the lucky one. Because Kameron does all this and more. MUCH more. He is always willing to help with dishes, fetch a binkie, change a diaper...and so on. He even wakes up with Porter every saturday morning and lets me sleep in. (He is up anyways, he cant sleep in) Last week I woke up and the house was clean...it was fabulous. Its also his job to get Porter ready every sunday, and he always does it without complaint...well most of the time =).
2.) He doesnt complain when I go out without him...whether it be volleyball, going to a movie with a friend, going to get my hair done (which is a whole evening thing), or having a girls weekend...leaving him to watch Porter. He is such a GREAT dad! Porter has a special daddy smile as I call it. Kameron is the only one that gets it. I love that I never have to worry about leaving Porter with him, because he is probably better at remembering breathing treatments or antibiotics...which are a frequent in our house. He never calls to bug me when I am out with my friends...he is very self sufficient and never needs to ask me any questions about what to do. I guess this is the biggest perk of marrying the oldest child of 6! I am leaving all next weekend and he told me he "Double Dog Dared" me not to call and check in on him ALL weekend. Yeah like thats gonna happen. I will probably call every time we talk. haha.
3.) He is such a wonderful "provider" for our family. And I am not just talking about money. He provides our home with Love, Support, Laughter, and the most important the priesthood. His relationship with his heavenly father is so strong and I love that so much about him. He is always prepared and worthy to give a blessing. Always has the answer to a question I have regarding a lesson I am teaching...sometime not so helpful when he tells me to "just follow the spirit!" haha. And how he is SO great with people. Everyone he meets just loves him.
I am so lucky to call this man my husband and that he is the father to my son and our future children. He makes every day special. These three years have gone fast, and I look forward to the eternities to come. I love you babe!
Second blog update. Last night Kameron and I were able to go out to dinner to celebrate our anniversary...since it falls on a sunday.Our good friends Meagan and Abe were wonderful enough to watch Porter so we could have a dinner that didnt involve cheerios and screaming. Since it was a special occasion we went to our favorite restaurant Outback. We never get to eat there anymore because its way out of a price range. So we enjoyed every moment of the evening. I ate SO much I am literally sick to my stomach today. (it was SO worth it though) While Porter was at the graves he got his first battle wound. I teased Meagan that she was beating my child, but he is such a mess and is literally into EVERYTHING I knew that this was going to happen eventually. He tried to stand up on next to the corner of the cabinets and slipped....this is the damage:
This picture doesnt look that bad, but he got his head pretty good. Kameron was so proud of his little man's war wound!
Last but not least...my time in primary has come to an end. "But Gina, you only got called a few months ago!!" you say...well my friends, I guess I am needed else where. We got a call last week that Kameron and I BOTH had to meet with a member of the Bishopric...regarding me. I knew that it had to be something big. The only time we have had to go together to recieve a calling is when we have been called to a presidency of some sort. Well our suspicions were confirmed. I am now in the Young Women's presidency serving as the secretary. I am SO excited to serve with the youth. Since we got married I have wanted to work with the YW, and now I get my chance. I however and not too excited about the whole secretary thing...I am SO NOT a secretary. But this is probably why I got the calling. It will help me get more organized and as seen from the previous post, I must have has some previous inspiration to start before I even had to. The program is very small, there is only one (active) Beehive, 3 (active) Miamaids, and 1 (active) Laural. I am excited there are such few girls because that means I get to know each of the girls one on one. I had such great leaders when I was in YW, that I feel completely inadequate for the job. But I will do my very best to make them enjoy their experience in YW because this program will help set the tone for the rest of their life. I am so grateful for the blessings that our Heavenly Father gives to us...even though sometimes they are camoflauged. So if anyone has words of advise for me as I embark on this adventure, please feel free to share. All the advise the better.




7 comments:
We are so lucky to have good husbands. Although mine may not enjoy the ooey gooey romantic crap that I do, he is always helping me out. I even dropped a lot of money on some mary kay products the other day because I needed a little pick-me-up and he was totally okay with it.
We are so lucky! Maybe it's the St. Johns in them....
Happy Anniversary! I can't believe you've been married for three years! Wow...you sure have a great catch!
And congrats on the YW calling. That is seriously so much fun! They will love you, and just think...as a secretary you don't have to teach lessons. I don't know, for me that would be a perk (I totally freak out when I have to teach), but I guess for YW it's not that bad. Oh well, you'll be GREAT!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I hope you guys had lots of fun. I am sure it was a major plus that you got to go to dinner alone. :) I am looking forward to that day. :) Just kidding. Oh and congrats on the new call too. I know you will be awesome at this calling. And i am kinda jealous. I wish I could be in YW. Instead I am in the Relief Society. :) OH and Poor Porter!
Happy Anniversary! Crazy how time flies!!
Congrats on YW's. I was just released! I loved it but after almost three years I was ready for change...but lo and behold, they called me as the camp director today! ha ha...luckily it is ward camp so I have the leaders to help! They have always had Rob come with me for all of my callings! Hmmmm...maybe they all make up their own rules! ha ha. jk.
I'm a bit bummed you'll be leaving primary...we've enjoyed having you as Noah's teacher. Things change, we just have to roll with the punches.
I didnt even know it was your anniversary this past Sunday. Happy Late Anniversary! Young Womans will be so much fun and you will be so good at the calling. All the girls will just love you!
Congrats about all the exciting events and sorry about the little ones tumble. I love your layout, very cool.
Chari
Post a Comment