So I have taken the first step to get myself more organized!! Kameron and I are always asking eachother..."Do we have anything on the 17th?" and so on. Well now...we will know. I dont know how many times we have double booked something, or something last minute comes up because I totally spaced that I already had something planned. I dont know what it is with having a baby, but you seriously lose brain cells. With me atleast thats how it was. I was REALLY bad when I was pregnant. And if you dont believe me...here is an example..."One day I went to work, that morning I packed some left over pizza for lunch, somewhere in between my car and the 10th floor of my building...I LOST MY LUNCH. No I didnt get sick, I literally lost the bag of food! This upset me in more than one way you see. I couldnt believe that I was dumb enought to actually lose a bag of food...but the fact that I lost left over Dominos pizza...WITH the most delicious ranch dressing was far worse. And being pregnant...it was devistating news!!! I even back tracked steps right after I got to work...and it was NO WHERE!!" Its still a mystery to this day. But I kept telling myself that after I wasnt pregnant anymore, that I would return back to my normal self. Before I would never catogorize myself as an "airhead" or "spacie" person, but now I definately qualify. So if you plan something with me, make sure I write it down...because I more than likely will forget. haha. Hopefully this will help restore what brain cells that Kameron always told me the baby ate when I was pregnant. Yeah for being organized...now if only I could carry this organization thoery to the laundry room....
05 February 2008
Organization is the Key!
So I have taken the first step to get myself more organized!! Kameron and I are always asking eachother..."Do we have anything on the 17th?" and so on. Well now...we will know. I dont know how many times we have double booked something, or something last minute comes up because I totally spaced that I already had something planned. I dont know what it is with having a baby, but you seriously lose brain cells. With me atleast thats how it was. I was REALLY bad when I was pregnant. And if you dont believe me...here is an example..."One day I went to work, that morning I packed some left over pizza for lunch, somewhere in between my car and the 10th floor of my building...I LOST MY LUNCH. No I didnt get sick, I literally lost the bag of food! This upset me in more than one way you see. I couldnt believe that I was dumb enought to actually lose a bag of food...but the fact that I lost left over Dominos pizza...WITH the most delicious ranch dressing was far worse. And being pregnant...it was devistating news!!! I even back tracked steps right after I got to work...and it was NO WHERE!!" Its still a mystery to this day. But I kept telling myself that after I wasnt pregnant anymore, that I would return back to my normal self. Before I would never catogorize myself as an "airhead" or "spacie" person, but now I definately qualify. So if you plan something with me, make sure I write it down...because I more than likely will forget. haha. Hopefully this will help restore what brain cells that Kameron always told me the baby ate when I was pregnant. Yeah for being organized...now if only I could carry this organization thoery to the laundry room....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
I could be SO much better at this area of my life...the problem is that even with a calendar I don't use it! but if it was cute like yours (and it would need to be big somewhere I would not miss it) then maybe it would be better. Good for you! The pizza story nearly brought a tear to my eye, and then it made me want to order pizza! AHHH! it really does sound good. Anyway, I'm glad you aren't going to burst anymore. I like you better in whole Gina form.
It is so true!!! I definately feel like have somehow gotten "dumber" since having Hudson.... maybe its the lack of frequent adult conversation and my brain functioning on only a few hours of sleep.... who knows :)
How funny i just was at one of my other friends house and she had one of these too. And I was thinking that would be really nice to have. :) Maybe I should be better and get something like that. :) But where would I hang it. :)
I love your calendar...I'm an organization freak! I keep three months worth of typed calendars on the side of my fridge. Otherwise with 5 people in our family, I would NEVER remember everything! Good luck, it only gets busier from here on out.
Hey there! Thanks for "dropping by" my blog...it was so good to hear from you! I can't believe how big you are! I know that sounds so corny and cheezy...but really, you were so little last time I saw you...It was when I first started dating my husband. Can you believe it has been that long? You little boy is so adorable and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture of you and your hubby with the prego belly. SO ADORABLE! Anyway- keep dropping by and I will definitely keep checking in on you and your family!
Love ya!
Nikki
Being organized is key my friend...ha ha..too bad I can't seem to get my act together so far this semester!
Post a Comment