18 September 2007

Poor little Po-Po


As new parents we have now experienced our little man getting sick. He has had the reflux since he was a baby, but that wasnt an illness, just an annoyance! Last week Porter was being really sensitive to noise, any time Hudson his new little friend would scream when he was playing Porter would start crying. I thought he was just tired and worn out from teething. Then that night he started getting this really raspy sad cry. It was rather pathetic! But the next day he was perfectly fine. But later that night he was my whinebox again and got really raspy. Knowing we were leaving for Sierra Vista the next day I decided I better get him into the dr before we left and then not have to make an ER trip when we were in SV. Good thing too, because the little stinker had a double ear infection, and he was weezing really bad that they gave us a nebulizer! He absolutely hated the new dr that we saw (our dr was booked on such short notice)and screamed the whole time and his sad little eyes wanted to make me cry when he had to have the breathing treatment right there in the office. Then later that night when we got to Sierra Vista it was time to give him his breathing treatment again, so not wanting to do it to him again I let my sister do it. But this time he LOVED it. It was so hilarious. He sat there like he was being drugged and had this relaxed look on his face. We laughed pretty hard so of course I had to take pictures. Porter was probably relieved that he could actually breath! Anyways, we had a check up yesterday and he is MUCH better. I am so proud of our strong little boy and how brave he was through his first experience being so sick!

5 comments:

Spencer and Marlee said...

that is so sad to hear about your little Porter!! I am glad he is feeling better! I like how you made Amy be the bad guy! I guess she was the trick in the long run!

Erin said...

Poor guy!! He's such a cutie.

Erin said...

I know! So those books are amazing, right? You'll love/hate the ending of number 3. You just gotta have more! It's ok that you are reading them right now anyway... cause if you're husband is anything like mine, he's a little preoccupied himself during football season! But I know what you mean. Jace started freaking out that I was never spending time with him. Glad you like them!

Melly Mel said...

Hey Gina! Thanks so much for your sweet comments! It was so good to hear from you and to see your name! I'm so sorry to hear about little Porter. He's still adorable even with that clear mask. I bet he must be so bothered having double ear infections. I wish I could see him. I have been doing so well thank you. Staying too busy lately but it's good for me to always keep my mind and body active right? It's actually helping me get through everything. So I am so flattered by what you said - you're so sweet. You are one of the nicest people I've ever known. I miss my Gina time. You guys are such an amazing family. I hope I have one of those of my own someday! Love you so much and miss you a ton too! xoxo

Haymore Family said...

wow that is so sad about porter! hope he is feeling better!