24 July 2007

24th Celebration



This past weekend Kameron and I packed up our little family and headed up north to St Johns for the annual 24th Celebration. After a long ride up there having to stop for both a terrible accident and a train, we finally made it there. Friday was filled with buggie rides and spending time with family at home, at the campfire circle, and ending with everyone dancing (even Porter) at the dance. We never did make it to the rodeos, we were busy hanging out and Kameron being the wonderful husband he is, watched Porter so I could go play volleyball for a few hours. Although I was completely sore and a little bruised, I had a blast and every pain was so worth it. We enjoyed just hanging out with family and enjoying a break from the hustle and bustle of our busy life.

Porter loved being outside and especially LOVED riding the buggie. He was so funny making noises and smiling so huge. He is definately his father's son!! I love how curious he is and its so much fun to watch as they grow and discover everything around them. Porter was definately spoiled this past weekend with grandma and Aunt Kamarie always playing with him, he learned pretty quickly that if he made a squeak everyone was right there ready to play and hold him. Babies are definately smarter than we give them credit for. But it was so fun getting away and I cant wait until next year when Porter can run around and really enjoy all the wonderful things that the 24th has to offer.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I always feel dumb commmenting because we've never really met. But I see that I am a link on your blog, so I thought I would say hello and introduce myself. This is Julie Nielsen, I grew up with Kameron. Your little guy is so cute and looks like you guys had fun at the 24th. I also can't wait for next years 24th for our little Kaitlyn to run around. Babies are the funnest aren't they. Just wanted to say hello!

Jamielynn said...

I love all these pictures from the 24th.